The Mannheim Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation is calling all startup teams that have emerged at the University of Mannheim and/ or have been created by University of Mannheim student or alumni teams (at least one team member with affiliation) in 2016 to participate in the following challenge:
Are you the best University of Mannheim Startup created in 2016?
The award is a 10K seed round to help you grow (no strings attached, no equity taken) kindly sponsored by the Heinrich-Vetter-Stiftung (Heinrich-Vetter-Foundation). The 3 best startups will be selected out of all incoming applications by an expert jury and invited to a final public pitch presentation. The team with the best pitch according to the expert jury will then be awarded the prize (10,000 EUR).
As an applicant startup team you should meet the following criteria (Take a good look again! The criteria have been revised!):
- Your startup is in the early, pre-seed or seed-funding stage
- You 'hit the market' in 2016 by showing implementation in form of a well-documented minimum viable product (MVP) or prototype
- Your team is composed of at least two people out of which one co-founder has a University of Mannheim affiliation (student, alumna/ alumnus)
- You formalized your startup in 2016 (legal form is optional, but you must provide your plan for obtaining a legal form)
- Your business model is scalable and growth-oriented
- Being located in the Rhein-Neckar Region (MRN) is a plus but not a must
Winners of the prize are expected to go full throttle – to take off the brakes and take their startup to the next level. All teams that apply will also be eligible to join our new Startup Mentoring Program in cooperation with ABSOLVENTUM.
We look for teams that are highly motivated, idea-driven and energetic. Experience, charisma and a sense of style are a plus. The business model should be clearly and concisely explained. The role of each founder/ team member should be spelled out along with each person’s most impressive/extraordinary life achievement. While not a prerequisite, short intro videos can make a lasting impression. Finally, how much impact will you create? Be ambitious but avoid vague or inflated language. Include a 8-12 slides pitch deck in PDF/ PPT at the core of your application.
Interested in obtaining a 10,000 EUR seed round with no strings attached?
Send your pitch deck to seedround[at]mcei.de
by January 15, 2017.
The 3 finalists will be notified by the first week of February 2017 and the final competitive pitches and award ceremony will be held in the context of the Startup Lounge Opening 2017 (Startup Lounge #34) in Café L3 on February 14, 2017 as of 19:30 pm.
We look forward to hearing from you and thank the Heinrich-Vetter-Stiftung for enabling us to award this seed prize for the very first time and ensuring its continuity for the upcoming 3 years!